Sharp Quick Guide: Printing to the Bypass Tray
Register the Bypass Tray
The first step is to set the media (envelope, card stock, etc.) in the Bypass Tray with the proper settings. Onceyour paper is placed is the Bypass Tray, a pop-up window should automatically appear (Image 3) asking you toinput your “Paper Type” and “Paper Size”. If this window does not come up, simply go into “COPY” and select“Paper Select” to manually add the settings (Images 1 and 2)
- Select the “Type and Size” tab
- Select the appropriate “Paper Type” (Depends on thickness of paper)
- Select the “Paper Size” Tab
- Select “Auto Inch” to have the paper size automatically selected OR select “Direct Entry” to put in a custompaper size. IF registering a custom paper size, follow the steps below.
- Register the X value (Length)
- Register the Y value (Width)
- Select “Execute” to save the changes
From your Computer (Word)
When ready to print, follow the remaining steps. *Keep in mind to match everything from your computer tothe changes you made at the Bypass Tray.
- Select Print
- Select “Printer Properties”
- Select the “Paper Source” tab4.If using a custom size, change “Output Size” drop down to “Custom Paper” and match dimensions you entered at the Bypass Tray5.Change “Paper Tray” drop down to “Bypass Tray”6.Change “Paper Type” drop down to match the paper type you chose at the Bypass Tray ex: Plain Paper 1