On May 31st 2022, Google will make a significant change to its email security requirements which will cause scan to email on all MFP/Copiers to Fail that do not already utilize their new App Password requirement. App Password is a secure one-time generated password that can be utilized for services like scan to email. If you do not make this change by May 31st, 2022, your scan to email will fail.
The following is a simple step-by-step guide utilized to update your MFP/Copier to this new requirement. If you have further questions, please refer to the Google Article link here.
To determine if this applies to you, follow these simple steps:
Please contact your IT provider as this service is not included in your MFP service agreement. **Centric can provide support for a fee through our professional services team if you require additional assistance.
Google Account Settings:
Note: If you do not know your password, DO NOT RESET PASSWORD as it will break your scan to email settings. Please call your IT Provider or Centric** for assistance.
12. Select NEXT
13. Enter the verification code received in the text
14. Select NEXT
15. Select TURN ON to enable 2-Step Verification
16. Return to the Google Account settings
17. Select App passwords
18. Re-enter the Gmail account password
19. Use the Select app dropdown to choose Other (Custom name)
20. Enter the corresponding MFP name or model and select GENERATE
21. Enter a device name.
22. Copy and save the generated password EXAMPLE PASSWORD BELOW:
NOTE: This password will only display once (please record this)