Help Desk Technician II – Customer Care
The Help Desk II position is a level two technical position designed to prepare employees for a career in advanced technical troubleshooting and problem resolution. Duties for this position include but are not limited to the support of network configurations for new customers, network connectivity support, and assisting field personnel as needed. This position will also serve as support for remote installations as needed.
- Takes initial requests for service as assigned by dispatch.
- Provides superior customer support experience for users while troubleshooting issues over the telephone.
- Coordinates with incoming customers to procure devices and network configuration information for new account installations.
- Installs and troubleshoots all Centric offered products.
- Troubleshoots network scanning issues, including Windows and Mac file shares, firewall and email server issues.
- Identify network connectivity issues and reestablish connection.
- Troubleshoots printing issues with MS Office, Corel Office, and Adobe products remotely.
- Assists field technicians and sales staff with technical support.
- Logs all service calls and work performed
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
Required Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and represents Centric in a professional manner.
- Possesses excellent problem solving, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Follows company programs, policies, and procedures.
- Embraces a positive work attitude and TEAM
- Understands and utilizes proper problem escalation procedures.
- Customer and personal service; includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Can pass advanced training in MFP related software and demonstrate effective troubleshooting skills for same.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required. College or technical certifications are strongly preferred but will consider candidates with proven (2-4 years) and extensive technical experience in the computer industry.
- Proper knowledge of technical terms is required.
- Proper phone demeanor and use of English is required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows OS is required. Some knowledge of MAC OS is strongly desired.
- Network connectivity troubleshooting experience is strongly recommended.